View Profile ClassicalFreak

11 Audio Reviews

Pretty good, really authentic video game music

However, you could do more with the strings at the end part, by varying the rhythm (you had a pause, then it played every quarter beat) ; in my opinion, it subtracts from the work a little, and it might be worth experimenting. Other than pretty good, though I think you could take the theme further and follow up on some ideas; one of them ended at 0:15 a little abruptly.

Nicely done; could use more musical evolution.

Good ambient that fits into the title, and great as slightly minamilist background music. I would have liked a little more growth in the melody and rhythm, it seemed as if there were a lot of directions the song could go into, and you could have explored some of them. But if that was not your intention, then it's still not too bad as a song. Liked it when the drums came in.

Absorbing

It's really good for a trance song, seeing that it was really, really varied and everything. I loved the downward chord progression and the piano the first time round, though it lost its impact partly the second time round. I have not heard the original (or even the game, actually), but wow, well done.

A suggestion would be for you to introduce a break in the drumbeats and perhaps show the piano melody line in all its glory, with accompianment, of course. Nicely done, keep it up!

Laikros responds:

Yeah, I'll get a redone x 2 version whenever I can.
Thank you! :3